Hooray, I’m finally done spinning my Woolgatherings BFL!
Here’s how it looked when I first got ahold of it:
I’m really pleased with how it turned out even though I seriously overplied it. However the singles had sat for so long that the even though it looked overplied, it was actually pretty balanced. Yea me! ^_^
Now I need to figure out what to so with it….
In non-spinning related news, last month I visited my family in Illinois and of course while I was there I had to visit a yarn store. Unfortunately since my hometown is kind of small, it does not have it’s own LYS. Luckily my Mom took me to a historic town nearby called Bishop Hill. It’s a former Swedish settlement that has touristy stuff to do and while the Swedes aren’t as well know for their knitting as they are for their weaving, there was still yarn to be had! I picked up some Wildfoote in Desert Grass (green) & Forget Me Not (blue) and started a pair of socks before I left for Washington:
I’m almost done with the first one (I’m calling them Bishop Hill Socks), I hope I can actually finish a pair of socks…..Second Sock Syndrome has hit me hard recently :-S
Insert Month Here
- I year or two ago I saw a video of Anthony Bourdain talking about how to make good scrambled eggs; it's the way I'v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Happy Syttende Mai! 🇳🇴 2 months ago
- Hey, ya know what I *should* be doing? Not sitting in bed instead of running 😕 2 months ago
- Still true 😕 https://t.co/7ZUAQlNHaK 3 months ago
- Work and kitty care today. Being an old cat is tough. 4 months ago