Hooray, I’m finally done spinning my Woolgatherings BFL!
Here’s how it looked when I first got ahold of it:
I’m really pleased with how it turned out even though I seriously overplied it. However the singles had sat for so long that the even though it looked overplied, it was actually pretty balanced. Yea me! ^_^
Now I need to figure out what to so with it….
In non-spinning related news, last month I visited my family in Illinois and of course while I was there I had to visit a yarn store. Unfortunately since my hometown is kind of small, it does not have it’s own LYS. Luckily my Mom took me to a historic town nearby called Bishop Hill. It’s a former Swedish settlement that has touristy stuff to do and while the Swedes aren’t as well know for their knitting as they are for their weaving, there was still yarn to be had! I picked up some Wildfoote in Desert Grass (green) & Forget Me Not (blue) and started a pair of socks before I left for Washington:
I’m almost done with the first one (I’m calling them Bishop Hill Socks), I hope I can actually finish a pair of socks…..Second Sock Syndrome has hit me hard recently :-S
Insert Month Here
- Dear IL family, I have made sacrifices to Ullr & Skađi for the snow to stop. Hopefully they won't take their rage out on you next! 😁 3 days ago
- Me too @angryseattle, me too! twitter.com/angryseattle/s… 6 days ago
- So excited for this weekend.... </sarcasm> #snowpocalypse2019 1 week ago
- RT @angryseattle: SWEET BABY SPAGHETTI IT IS SNOWING AND IT IS STARTING TO STICK IN SOME PLACES AND WE ARE DOOMED https://t.co/mcKWdPtTZF 1 week ago
- finished Artemis: A Novel by Andy Weir and gave it 4 stars a.co/5e8Gy32 2 weeks ago