As I mentioned on Tuesday, I went to my LYS and got some Frabjous Fibers BFL/sparkle color shifting fiber. I could barely wait to start spinning it, but I decided to plan ahead a little bit. As you can see, it is in a gradient and as cool as it would be to do a 2-ply from blue to green to yellow I decided a fractal would be the way to go. There are plenty of instructions on fractal spinning so I won’t go into too much detail….I’ll just go over what I did.
As you can see, I divided the original braid into 3 sections. Number 1 is 1/2 of the braid & the number 2’s are each 1/4 of the braid. This way the colors don’t completely line up, but they will still work together. Spinning this fiber has been very enjoyable, but there is one little issue.
Can’t see it? Try this one
The sparkle is like freaking glitter; it gets everywhere and you can’t get rid of it. Now considering I’m usually covered in animal hair & my house has little black tumbleweeds in the corners, it really doesn’t bother me. You may feel differently 😉
Insert Month Here
- End of November bethblue.wordpress.com/2017/11/30/end… 2 weeks ago
- Nothing New….Again bethblue.wordpress.com/2017/11/29/not… 2 weeks ago
- One Down bethblue.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/one… https://t.co/TMTjW7LsaX 2 weeks ago
- Progress bethblue.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/pro… 2 weeks ago
- Video bethblue.wordpress.com/2017/11/26/vid… 2 weeks ago