As I mentioned on Tuesday, I went to my LYS and got some Frabjous Fibers BFL/sparkle color shifting fiber. I could barely wait to start spinning it, but I decided to plan ahead a little bit. As you can see, it is in a gradient and as cool as it would be to do a 2-ply from blue to green to yellow I decided a fractal would be the way to go. There are plenty of instructions on fractal spinning so I won’t go into too much detail….I’ll just go over what I did.
As you can see, I divided the original braid into 3 sections. Number 1 is 1/2 of the braid & the number 2’s are each 1/4 of the braid. This way the colors don’t completely line up, but they will still work together. Spinning this fiber has been very enjoyable, but there is one little issue.
Can’t see it? Try this one
The sparkle is like freaking glitter; it gets everywhere and you can’t get rid of it. Now considering I’m usually covered in animal hair & my house has little black tumbleweeds in the corners, it really doesn’t bother me. You may feel differently 😉
Insert Month Here
- Work and kitty care today. Being an old cat is tough. 1 week ago
- I signed up for the Beat the Blerch on Sep 15, 2018! runsignup.com/Race/WA/Carnat… 2 weeks ago
- I feel like Alexa has really enhanced my laziness 😁 1 month ago
- Workout done & Chipotle eaten! (mmm) plurk.com/p/mli8yi 2 months ago
- Hubris! I just thought about how I hadn't had a sinus headache in awhile (unsure) plurk.com/p/mlgngx 2 months ago