As I mentioned on Tuesday, I went to my LYS and got some Frabjous Fibers BFL/sparkle color shifting fiber. I could barely wait to start spinning it, but I decided to plan ahead a little bit. As you can see, it is in a gradient and as cool as it would be to do a 2-ply from blue to green to yellow I decided a fractal would be the way to go. There are plenty of instructions on fractal spinning so I won’t go into too much detail….I’ll just go over what I did.
As you can see, I divided the original braid into 3 sections. Number 1 is 1/2 of the braid & the number 2’s are each 1/4 of the braid. This way the colors don’t completely line up, but they will still work together. Spinning this fiber has been very enjoyable, but there is one little issue.
Can’t see it? Try this one
The sparkle is like freaking glitter; it gets everywhere and you can’t get rid of it. Now considering I’m usually covered in animal hair & my house has little black tumbleweeds in the corners, it really doesn’t bother me. You may feel differently 😉
Insert Month Here
- Only at #eccc do you see an Imp Mercy (ftom the video game Overwatch) hang out with Laura (X-23)… instagram.com/p/BRPy5ykAGPf/ 6 months ago
- Didn't realize it was Leif Erickson day (even though I spent the AM in Ballard) Lykkelig Leif Erickson dag! 11 months ago
- A wee mitten sampler made for my Sami mitten class by Laura Ricketts. @ Nordic Heritage Museum instagram.com/p/BLW4CEfACQf/ 11 months ago
- I have a concern 😱 #thatsnotmyname instagram.com/p/BKJZXZjAem_/ 1 year ago
- That's quite a bit of blue. Malabrigo Sock in Cabiñero and the beginnings of the #Multnomahshawl. instagram.com/p/BJtDZQKghBp/ 1 year ago