For those who don’t know, a “cop” is the chunk of spun fiber on the spindle. Ideally when you wind on, you want to do it close to the whorl with tension. The fiber doesn’t have to be too tight, just “snug” to keep it from unwinding or falling off. This is the Turkish spindle I got at Fiber Fusion Northwest.
Clearly, I’m not very adept at winding on with the Turkish. But as with most things, practice makes perfect!
Here are a couple other pictures of my ugly cop 🙂
Insert Month Here
- Workout done & Chipotle eaten! (mmm) plurk.com/p/mli8yi 5 days ago
- Hubris! I just thought about how I hadn't had a sinus headache in awhile (unsure) plurk.com/p/mlgngx 5 days ago
- Put away the rest of the Christmas decorations. (Xmas4) plurk.com/p/ml61xb 1 week ago
- Happy St Distaff Day! [spin] plurk.com/p/ml3unb 1 week ago
- End of November bethblue.wordpress.com/2017/11/30/end… 1 month ago